I made this casserole again last night
It was as big of a hit as it always is!
It is a great way to use up
the last of the giant bag of tortilla chips from Costco
I made it with my Cafe Rio Chicken
Totally kicked the casserole up another notch!
My kids ate it up
I am looking forward to some of the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
- 1 lb of chicken (shredded or cubed) cooked in taco seasoning or some leftover Cafe Rio Chicken (I prefer the shredded, but cubed works just as well)
- 1 bag (10oz) of Tortilla Chips
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (I used fat free)
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cheese
Heat oven to 350
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together, except the tortilla chips and cheese. In a 13×9 pan, crush half the tortilla chips (I just crush them with my hand as I put them in the pan) in the bottom of the pan. Then take half of the chicken mixture and spread it over the chips and sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Bake for 30 minutes.
These pictures are from a previous baking of this dish – used cubed chicken.