I make these delicious sandwiches
Whenever I have an apple that needs used up!
We eat these for dinner
since we are not big breakfast people
and my kids actually enjoy them 🙂
They are pretty easy to make up
I have never frozen them
but I think they would freeze well
for a quick breakfast on the go!
I think I got this recipe
from Rachel Ray a long time ago
It is still a tried and true favorite around here!
- Butter or Olive Oil for your pan
- 1lb ground chicken breast (or hamburger)
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (I just eyeball it)
- 1 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning (eyeball it)
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 English muffins if served open face (like the pictures) or 8 English muffins if you want to make them into a sandwich
- 8 eggs – whipped up with a splash of milk
- Shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
Mix the chicken, apple, maple syrup, steak and poultry seasoning and cinnamon together. You can just cook them right after it is mixed or I often mix it in the morning and let it sit in the fridge all day until ready to cook. When ready to cook, heat some butter or olive oil in your saute pan over medium high heat. Divide your chicken mixture into 8 sections and shape into 8 patties. Cook until done – about 5 minutes each side
Meanwhile, cook and scramble your eggs in another pan – divide into 8 portions. Toast your English muffins. Once everything is ready, stack an English muffin, a chicken sausage patty, scrambled egg, and some shredded cheese. Place under the broiler for a few minutes – just long enough to melt the cheese. Place the other half of the English muffin on top, or just eat open face