Can I just say I LOVE how these bracelets turned out!! They are so cute and my daughter is excited about them 🙂
Bonus: They are VERY easy to make! And easily Customizable! So you can have them say whatever you’d like
For simplicity sake, I did all of my examples with 8 bezels, so they would all be similar to the 8 YW values. You can do as many as you’d like. If you only want a couple, simply add more jump rings in between the bezels!
Here is what you are going to need to make these bracelets:
- 8 bezels – 16mm (5/8″) I bought these from Amazon, but there are other available, like these with the domes, these, these (simply search for more on Amazon)… You can also check Etsy for them – like here or here or here… In other words, there are lots of different places to find these!
- 8 Glass Cabochons – 16mm (5/8″) – I bought 100 from Amazon, but they also have 25. the 100 is the best bang for your buck! (I believe they even have a 200 pack, if you need LOTS of bracelets!)
- E6000® Craft Adhesive, Clear
- Jump rings (simply get jump rings that match the finish on the bezels you choose – Amazon has tons of cheap jump rings in all sorts of finishes)
- Lobster clasp
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Photo Paper or Card stock – I used a matte photo paper that is very similar to card stock
- Silhouette Design Studio (OPTIONAL)
- A silhouette or a 5/8″ circle punch or simply use scissors!
Once you have your supplies, these are SUPER easy to put together! Open you jump rings, using the pliers. Take one bezel, place the jump ring through one hole, then take another bezel and place one hole through the jump ring as well. Then close the jump ring. Continue until all 8 (or however many you are using) bezels are connected.
Optional: place a jump ring through the end hole of the end bezels, and put the lobster clasp on one of the jump rings. You could also just skip the jump rings, place the lobster clasp on the end of bezel hole, and you have a bracelet!
Once you have the bracelet together, you can decide what you want to print.
If you do not have it, download the Silhouette Design Studio. You do NOT need a Silhouette to use the design studio – I used it before I even owned a Silhouette! If for some reason you cannot download the software, I might consider figuring out how to save it as a jpeg for you to print out. If you do not have a Silhouette, simply just use the “send to printer” button, and you can print it out and then simply punch/cut out the pictures! Not machine needed!
If you are interested in the bracelets I made here is my Silhouette document you can download. Once you download it, you can use the Silhouette Studio to customize them!! If you don’t want to customize, simply tell the Silhouette design studio to “send to printer” and you can print it out and then punch/cut it out, or if you have a silhouette, send it to the silhouette once it is printed.
I will quickly walk you through customizing the circles:
- If you want another circle of the same size: Simply highlight one of the existing circles, hit ctrl+c, and then paste it with ctrl+v. Now you have a duplicate circle that you can customize how you’d like. Just move it to where you want it on the page
- To change the background of the circle: Click on the circle. The upper right-hand corner – the first button will give you a single color or the third button will give you a fill pattern. There are many pre-made patterns for you to choose from!
- Add or change text in the circle: click on the existing text to change it. To add new text, the left-hand side, there is an “A” that will start a new text box for you. You can choose the text type, size, etc. While you are editing/adding text, you can change the color/pattern of the text just like the background of the circles with the buttons along the upper right-hand corner. Resize your text to fit in the circle by using the little white boxes along the edge of your text box.
- If using the Silhouette to cut out, make sure to turn off the cut settings on the text. Upper right hand, second button to the last is the “cut” settings. Click on it and it will show the red lines where the Silhouette will cut. Highlight your text, and click on the “no cut” button and the red lines should disappear. Also make sure that the Registration Marks are there (they are in my file already!) If using the Silhouette print and cut.
I love this one. You can easily customize this one. I have the “You Are” or you can replace that with the girl’s names! Give them a great personalized gift!!! You can make the background whatever color you want. My daughter’s favorite color is Purple, so I made it purple!
As you can see, I personalized this one with my daughter’s name
Making the YW values was my original plan for the bracelet! From there, I came up with other ideas, but the YW values was my original plan for the bracelet!